AWYF Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
December 17, 2020
VIRTUAL MEETING VIA MICROSOFT TEAMS
Drew Miller – AWYF (Chair Person)
Eric Talbert – AWLAX
Chris Chisholm – AWJRGBB (Treasurer)
Gary Loach – At Large
John Rozic – AWYSL (Counsel)
Bob Brannan – AWYSL (Secretary)
Amanda Bialecki – AW Cheer
Administration: Mandi Brannan ‐ AWYF Executive Director was in attendance.
Sara Bowen – AW Ski Club
B. J. Reichert – AWJRGBB
Kevin Herman – AW Schools
Ed Schofield – AWGTB
Jeff Meyer – AWABSA (Vice Chair)
Jared Hooks – AWJGBC
Phil Miller – AWSC
Pat Johnson – AWYFL
Virtual Meeting called to order at 7:02 pm.
- Meeting Minutes for the November 19, 2020 Meeting: As a consequence of the lack of quorum, the approval of the 11/19/2020 meeting minutes will be postponed until the next meeting with a full quorum.
- Financial Statement Review (Internal): A brief review of the financial statement took place between the attendees. Expenses are greater and income less for this year (as compared to last year). Current rate of family fee refunds, for the past fiscal year, have accrued to approximately $15k. The fiscal year water cost is approximately $30k. It was mentioned that the Board should consider a fund‐raising event for next year to cover these losses (i.e. golf scrimmage, etc.).
- Raffle Drawing: The raffle drawing started at approximately 7:04 p.m. The results of the raffle drawing were as follows:
- The first drawing, made for the $1,000.00 ticket, was announced as Katie Chisholm.
- The second drawing, made for the $250.00 ticket, was announced as Amy Jagleski.
- The third drawing, made for the $100.00 ticket, was announced as Chuck Stuckey.
- The fourth drawing, made for the first $75.00 ticket, was announced as Howard Family.
- The fifth drawing, made for the second $75.00 ticket, was announced as Burt Brady.
- Chairman’s Report:
- The Kirby LAX Group has made the determination to NOT be part of AWYF for the current season.
- During the chairman’ report, Amanda Bialecki inquired into the status of biddy wrestling (up to sixth grade) as an additional activity for the AWYF to consider.
- During the chairman’s report, Mandi Brannan indicated that last month’s meeting with Lori Williams went well.
- Committee Updates:
- Raffle Update: Raffle income is approximately $485.00.
- Registration / Database Platform: The registration platform is live and functioning. The current website traffic is being redirected from awcommunity.net to Sportsengine.
- Development & Communication: Bylaws, budgets and meeting schedules need to be organized for quick retrieval. All meeting schedules must be forwarded to Mandi for her to post on AWYF website.
- Master Facilities:
- It was suggested that board revisit the master plan to update priorities, cost estimates and specific activity requests. A sub‐committee will be formed in the near future.
- Lease: John Rozic indicated the following comments, with regard to the upcoming lease:
- The lease agreement will include the quarry parking lot to be maintained by the Metroparks and the Stiles Road parking lot to be maintained by AWYF.
- The lease will be for a period of fifty years at a cost of $1.00 per year.
- The property will be surveyed as a consequence of the Bank’s requirements.
- The walking path and play‐ground equipment will be excluded from the lease as these items shall be the responsibility of the Village of Whitehouse.
- The lease will be direct solely between the Metroparks and AWYF (the Village is not part of the lease).
- The baseball field (behind the Whitehouse Inn) is not expected to be included in the lease agreement.
- Field Use Committee:
- AED: There has been no progress on this item.
- Batting Cage Update: There has been no progress with this topic. AWJGBC may take up this effort on their own.
- Additional Topics:
- Eric Talbert indicated that LAX practice sessions will start in January. It was noted that coached will be informed that they are required to wear masks and all participants must have their temperatures taken prior to each practice session.
- Meeting Conclusion: At approximately 7:33 p.m., the meeting concluded.
Minutes respectively submitted by Bob Brannan, Secretary
The next AWYF Board Meeting is scheduled for Thursday, January 21, 2021. This meeting will be held using Microsoft Teams at 7 p.m.