Thanks to our hardworking volunteers who donate more than 25,000 volunteer hours every year to help coach, train, teach, clean up after, and support our awesome kids! With more than 3,000 youth involved each year, we need your help to make it happen. Becoming a volunteer will open up your heart and mind, and we’d love for you to become part of our team.
Board of Trustees
Coordinate youth activities, raise funds to build facilities, and make an impact in our community for generations to come. Meetings are held every other month from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. at the Anthony Wayne Schools Central Administration Office, located at 9565 Bucher Rd, Whitehouse, OH.
- Activity Board Member
- Coordinate daily operations of youth activity
Inspire a child to dream bigger than they have ever imagined. Coaching positions vary, but your help is always needed! You can sign up when registering your son or daughter, or contact us and we will connect you with the right person.
- Communications – Develop communications tools to keep our activities and community members informed of important developments.
- Development – Review, approve, and implement our fundraising strategy including annual giving, major giving, special events, planned giving and donor cultivation, and stewardship.
- Master Facilities Planning – Reviewing and revisit the Master Plan, by defining the improvement goals and objectives of the Blue Creek development and Master Plan. Identify community and stakeholder needs and prioritize goals in a phased approach.
- Relationships – Network with other community nonprofits, municipalities, and school systems to identify collaborative opportunities.
- Systems – Develop a systematic approach for activities to remove duplication of administration efforts and promote a positive customer experience.
- Special events – Various opportunities are available year round including Mission Madness Bash, reverse raffles, , Party in the Park, Cherry Fest, Roche de Boeuf, Monclova Homecoming, and more.
- Concessions – Pick up supplies, set up, and sell good during events.
Tasks vary but include coordinating mass mailings, running miscellaneous errands, conducting follow up calls, writing letters, newsletter creation, making copies, sorting mail, etc.
Sales and Marketing
Promote AWYF and our youth activities throughout the community, network with local businesses, and solicit sponsorships and advertisement space.